Rossi rewarded after a demanding weekend
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi rewarded after a demanding weekend
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The Italian finished on the podium at the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, his second race back after injury, and was understandably delighted at the result.

Just 51 days after suffering the injury at Mugello which had threatened to rule him out for much longer, Valentino Rossi was back on the podium as he battled his way to an incredible third place at Laguna Seca.

The reigning World Champion rose from sixth on the starting grid to work his way up the field, passing Andrea Dovizioso five laps from the end of the physically demanding 32-lap Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix and holding off his fellow Italian to complete a remarkable achievement.

[Image: rossilaguna.jpg]

“It was a difficult race but also a difficult weekend because this track is very demanding on the body. I suffered a lot, also during the practice sessions,” explained a drained but delighted Rossi. “We improved the setting of the bike and I was confident of having a good race, but at the beginning it was very difficult to get into a good rhythm and I lost a lot of time.”

“When I saw Pedrosa on the gravel after his unfortunate crash, I then saw Dovizioso in front and that was the podium so I had to try! It’s a great result, and I have to say thank you to a lot of people who have helped me a lot during this very difficult period.”

There is now a three-week respite until Round 10 at Brno, in which time Rossi intends to make further strides in his recovery.

He added: “I will now enjoy these three weeks because I have some time to work on my body. I love Brno and I hope to improve my level and to have less pain and more power for the next race.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Website Find Reply