Lowes leads but rivals hatching a comeback
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes leads but rivals hatching a comeback
[Image: gnsracinglogo.gif]

GNS Racing Honda's Sam Lowes remained the title leader in the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship following his second place finish at Snetterton last time out, but as the Brands Hatch Grand Prix round beckons his rivals are looking to close the points deficit.

Lowes leads the CAME Yamaha pairing of Billy McConnell and James Westmoreland, who are equal in second, by 35 points and having finished on the podium at the start of the season on the Indy circuit they will want to get their championship challenge back on track after a disappointing round at Snetterton.

Graeme Gowland climbed to fourth in the overall standings following his impressive maiden win in the class at Snetterton for the PTR Honda team and with confidence high he is sure to be a contender to rival the championship-leading Honda of Lowes.

Gearlink Kawasaki will be targeting a return to the podium after just missing out at Snetterton as Ben Wilson looks to regain his fourth place in the overall standings from Gowland, whilst Jack Kennedy will be eager to replicate his Oulton Park podium finish from earlier in the season.

Dan Cooper returned to the podium at Snetterton with the Smiths Triumph to make it to third place finishes in succession to remain ahead of Padgetts Honda's Glen Richards who has yet to secure a podium finish this season following his injury at the start of the year, but has come close on several occasions. His team-mate Ian Hutchinson had a tough time at Snetterton so will be desperate to bounce back at Brands Hatch, likewise Jason O'Halloran just missed out on the podium on the Indy circuit at the opening round so will be determined to make amends this time around.

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship standings after Snetterton:

Sam Lowes (GNS Racing Honda) 126
James Westmoreland (CAME Yamaha) 91
Billy McConnell (CAME Yamaha) 91
Graeme Gowland (PTR Honda) 87
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 74

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is a triple header at Brands Hatch GP on 6/7/8 August.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
28-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Website Find Reply