Bridewell to Ride for Tyco Racing at Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bridewell to Ride for Tyco Racing at Silverstone
[Image: tycohdr.jpg]

Quay Garage Honda will welcome a brand new sponsor to the team at Silverstone this weekend with the news that Tyco Security Products will take over title sponsorship for team rider Tommy Bridewell's wild card entry into the British round of the Hannspree World Superbike Championship.

The team will be rebranded Tyco Racing for the Silverstone meeting which, it is hoped, will extend into backing the Devon-based team at future races of the 2010 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

21-year-old Bridewell from Etchilhampton near Devizes in Wiltshire will race the ex-Gregorio Lavilla Honda Fireblade in Tyco Racing colours against some of the world's best riders and will join seven other British riders contesting their home round.

Team owner Ian Woollacott has been working hard over the past week to secure the deal which only came about following the announcement that Bridewell was to race at Silverstone so it's been a frantically busy week for the reigning British Superbike Cup Champions.

Ian Woollacott:

"It's all come about so quickly that we've had to move mountains to get everything sorted but it's just about all in place now and we're looking forward to the weekend as Tyco Racing. It's fantastic that our efforts are being recognised and the fact that a massive global company like Tyco wants to be associated with us speaks volumes about the job both the team and Tommy are doing. There are a number of very influential people attending Silverstone this weekend so we hope to put on a good show for them especially as we are underdogs, more so than ever this weekend. Having heard about our wild card entry through business contacts and in a recent magazine article they are pleased to help and if successful will look at remaining involved as a sponsor for the remainder of the season."

Tommy Bridewell:

"This is fantastic news and I'm now even more determined to go out there and put on a good show aboard the Tyco Racing Honda at Silverstone. Ian and the team have worked miracles to get everything sorted in time for this weekend and I'm looking forward to meeting our new sponsors as they'll be made very welcome in our team. Now it's up to me to push even harder for some results this weekend so I can give everyone something to cheer about."

Phil Dashey, VP & General Manager, Tyco Security Products EMEA:

"Motorsport and especially motorbikes are a huge part of many people's lives at Tyco Security Products, this is a great synergy for us and our brand, we are very excited to be involved by helping Tommy in perhaps his most important race thus far in his career. Our motorbike theme continues here as we recently gave away an original DSC themed Orange County Chopper in North America, and are giving away a brand new Bentel branded Ducati Supersport bike to a customer in Europe, just some of our excellent promotional competitions. We are delighted that our customers and staff can share in this fantastic experience and get an insight into the inner workings of a team and what goes into the pinnacle of the sport I'm sure will be mind-blowing, Go Tommy! Go Tyco!"

Tyco Security Products, a business unit of Tyco International, is a unified group of world-leading access control, video and intrusion brands. These brands - American Dynamics, Bentel, CEM Systems, DSC, Kantech, Software House, Sur-Gard and Connect 24 allow their customers to see more, do more, and save more. Their solutions today are designed to be compatible with the technology of tomorrow. For further information, please visit http://www.tyco.com.

Silverstone Schedule

Friday 30th July

12.45 - 13.45 World Superbike Free Practice
15.45 - 16.45 World Superbike Qualifying Practice

Saturday 31st July

10.45 - 11.30 World Superbike Qualifying Practice
13.50 - 14.35 World Superbike Free Practice
15.00 - World Superbike Superpole 1
15.21 - World Superbike Superpole 2
15.40 - World Superbike Superpole 3

Sunday 1st August

09.20 - 09.40 World Superbike Warm Up
12.00 - World Superbike Race One (18 Laps)
15.30 - World Superbike Race Two (18 Laps)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Website Find Reply