Easton targets Brands Hatch fight back
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Easton targets Brands Hatch fight back
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

Swan Honda's Stuart Easton believes that next weekend's triple-header round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch has to be the turning point in the season as he looks to put recent disappointment behind him and fight his way into the top six in the standings.

Easton took a victory at Oulton Park earlier in the season, but a series of technical issues and a crash at Mallory Park has meant that he currently lies outside of the top six with five races remaining until the Showdown. However, determined to prove what he is capable of, Easton is setting his sights on putting the Swan Honda back on the podium for the first time since his race win.

Easton said:

"It will be good to be back next weekend and Brands Hatch is going to be a big weekend for everyone. There have been a lot of things said in the press since the last round, but I have to say that there are no issues with my confidence and I am really determined that next weekend we can turn things around. I know people compare me a lot to Steve Hislop and he received a confidence tag during his career, but it is all untrue and I want to prove that at Brands Hatch.

"Last year I was the most consistent rider; I had 14 podiums and two wins but then you look at this year and it just hasn't happened so far. I hold my hands up for the crash at Mallory Park as that was rider error, most riders tip off at some point, it was just unlucky it had to happen when you really need the points. We have had some technical problems that have been out of my control, but I know as a team we have the potential to bounce back. All I can do is race to the best of my ability, we have had a horrendous run over the past few races but we intend to put it right at Brands Hatch."

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is a triple header at Brands Hatch GP on 6/7/8 August.

Advance adult weekend admission tickets cost just £30 online with children aged 12 and under admitted free.

Limited grandstand and camping tickets are also on sale now.

For more information and to book visit http://www.brandshatch.co.uk or call 0870 950 9000.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Website Find Reply