SUZUKI ALSTARE HAPPY WITH NEW SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SUZUKI ALSTARE HAPPY WITH NEW SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT
[Image: teamsuzukihdr.jpg]

Both Team Suzuki Alstare riders Leon Haslam and Sylvain Guintoli gave the thumbs-up to the new British Silverstone circuit after spending the day learning the new layout - and look forward to improving their positions tomorrow at the 10th round of the World Superbike Championship.

Haslam finished eighth fastest and was the happier of the duo, although Guintoli is upbeat about his prospects tomorrow, despite ending the day 17th in the standings.

Briton Cal Crutchlow (Yamaha) set the day's fastest lap with a time of 2:05.664 with fellow countryman Jonathan Rea (Honda) second and Troy Corser (BMW) in third.

Leon Haslam - 8th, 2:06.464:

"Happily, today was like a normal Friday - and that is a good feeling to have after Brno. This is a fantastic track and has bags of character, is fast and flowing; and there are lots of passing opportunities. I think it's going to be great racing on Sunday. At the moment, I am still trying to find the right lines around it, but, because the track is quite wide, there are many different lines to try.

"It's bumpy for sure, but I don't think any more than other tracks, but because of the high speeds, you notice it a lot more. I like bumpy tracks though and I think I'm going to have a lot of fun here. It is a very technical track and very safe, so once you have a good set-up, you can push pretty hard. At the moment, we're getting there and really we're not far off; just fine-tuning really. Tomorrow we'll push harder, hopefully have a good Superpole; and be in a much-better position on the grid than Brno!"

Sylvain Guintoli - 17th, 2:07:

"This is a very, very nice track and I'm going to enjoy racing here. Obviously my position today is not so good, but I have been spending the day learning the track and trying to find a good set-up for my bike. The track is very technical and because it is quite bumpy, it is important to get a good set-up. There are many changes of rhythm at this circuit, some slow corners, some fast; and for me it is really interesting. I have to work on the first split because that's where I'm losing time at the moment, but I once I get that sorted out, my lap times will come down.

"This is like a 'home' race for me, because I live in UK and many of my friends and fans will be coming to support me this weekend. I would like to improve my position tomorrow, get a high grid place and good results, so that they will go home happy."

Friday WSB Qualifying:

1 Cal Crutchlow (GBR-Yamaha) 2:05.664, 2 Jonathan Rea (GBR-Honda) 2:06.006, 3 Troy Corser (AUS-BMW) 2:06.052, 4 Leon Camier (GBR-Aprilia) 2:06.064, 5 Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati) 2:06.088, 6 Toseland (GBR-Yamaha) 2:06.238. 8 Leon Haslam (GBR-Suzuki Alstare) 2:06.464. 17 Sylvain Guintoli (FRA-Suzuki Alstare) 2:07.107.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
31-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Website Find Reply