HM Plant Honda Take Steps Forward At Silverstone World Superbike Round
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Take Steps Forward At Silverstone World Superbike Round
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team had a valuable weekend at the World Superbike Championship round at Silverstone, working hard on various settings ahead of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship event later in the season, with Josh Brookes scoring championship points in a hard-fought twelfth place in the second race at the Northamptonshire circuit.

The team used the event to adjust various settings ahead of the penultimate round of BSB later in the season, when the championship reaches the final stages, as both riders continued to improve their pace throughout the weekend.

Josh finished the opening race in sixteenth place, but having made some setting changes ahead of the second race he was able to steadily move up the order, passing Noriyuki Haga in the closing stages to finish twelfth. Kiyo also improved his pace and after finishing 21st in race one he moved to 16th in the final race of the day.

[Image: jbrooks.jpg]

Brookes said:

“The weekend didn’t get off to the best start for me, as we had an engine problem on Friday in the first practice session and that cost me time on track. In the second session we continued working on the set-up and our times continued to improve but we were playing catch-up as what worked at Snetterton for the BSB round wasn’t working here. We worked really hard with different shock and fork settings as this track is so different from any other we have raced on this season so we had to really get our heads down and make changes to see how they would affect us. We did continually improve though each time we were out on circuit and then the second race with twelfth was better than the first, so we were making steps forward. It gives us a better idea of what to expect later in the season when we are back for BSB and we have to look towards the podium again at Brands Hatch next weekend.”

Kiyonari said:

“This weekend has been useful for us as we are now in a better position ahead of the BSB round at the circuit later in the year. We have worked very hard here, every day, trying different settings and it has taken time but I think in the end we will benefit – not just here but also at the next BSB rounds at Brands Hatch and Cadwell Park. I need to thank the HM Plant Honda team as they worked to change the settings and make me faster and improve. I am disappointed that we couldn’t be nearer the front, but it has been a good test and now I am looking forward to Brands Hatch next weekend.”

Team Manager Havier Beltran concluded:

“This weekend has been a very positive test for the whole HM Plant Honda team. We came here with the intention of gaining as much knowledge as possible in order to be in a stronger position when we return for the penultimate round of the BSB championship. We have had a few chassis issues, however the track time has been invaluable and we have made steady progress with both riders throughout the weekend. We now have a good basis to start with when we return in September which will prove vital as the championship will be reaching a critical stage.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Website Find Reply