Greenlight TV secure contract to film Ulster Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Greenlight TV secure contract to film Ulster Grand Prix
[Image: iomonlinegif.gif]
As reported on the IOM OnlineWebsite.

[Image: ugp2010logo.jpg]

Worldwide television audiences will be able to enjoy the thrill of the Ulster Grand Prix after the signing of a three-year deal between Greenlight Television and race organisers the Dundrod and District Motorcycle Club.

The event should have coverage from BBC Sport NI and also support from the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.

As well as aerial footage from a helicopter-mounted camera there will be on-bike footage and, for the first time, live coverage of the racing on the web.

Extensive distribution outside Northern Ireland guarantees the UGP a showing in 70 countries around the world, putting it into 500 million households.

In Northern Ireland viewers will be able to watch two one-hour highlights programmes on BBC1, and for the first time live video from the whole of the race day will be available on the BBC Sport website.

Highlights programmes will be broadcast on BBC NI and available later on the iPlayer and coverage of the Dundrod 150 and various feature stories filmed throughout the week will also be available online, fronted by BBC Sport NI's Stephen Watson with expert analysis from 14-times UGP winner Phillip McCallen.

[Image: greenlightlogo.jpg]

The live video coverage will also be available to spectators at the event using giant screens in the paddock and at Leathemstown spectator area.

BBC Radio Ulster will provide live radio coverage throughout the day.

BBC NI Sports Editor, Shane Glynn said: 'The Ulster Grand Prix is one of the biggest events in not only the local road racing calendar, but the local sporting calendar. I'm delighted BBC NI, in partnership with Greenlight TV, will be bringing our audiences enhanced coverage for the next three years.'

The long-term contract brings stability to the event as well, so organisers can plan for the future and develop commercial opportunities with local partners.

Noel Johnston of the Dundrod and District Motorcycle Club said he was excited by the prospect. 'We are delighted to have a new contract in place which will not only give fans of road racing a great opportunity to see more of the race, but will also allow coverage of the Ulster Grand Prix to be broadcast to a much wider audience than in previous years.'

Alan Clarke, chief executive of the Northern Ireland Tourist Board, said: 'Road racing is part of the sporting and cultural fabric of Northern Ireland. I hope visitors to the 2010 Ulster Grand Prix enjoy the event, and get the opportunity to explore Northern Ireland and discover what makes it so unique.

'Events such as this really help to build the profile of Northern Ireland.'

David Beynon of Greenlight Television said he was delighted with the package they had put together.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Website Find Reply
sonic Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
RE: Greenlight TV secure contract to film Ulster Grand Prix
(03-08-2010, 03:43 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
[Image: iomonlinegif.gif]
As reported on the IOM OnlineWebsite.

[Image: ugp2010logo.jpg]

Worldwide television audiences will be able to enjoy the thrill of the Ulster Grand Prix after the signing of a three-year deal between Greenlight Television and race organisers the Dundrod and District Motorcycle Club.

The event should have coverage from BBC Sport NI and also support from the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.

As well as aerial footage from a helicopter-mounted camera there will be on-bike footage and, for the first time, live coverage of the racing on the web.

Extensive distribution outside Northern Ireland guarantees the UGP a showing in 70 countries around the world, putting it into 500 million households.

In Northern Ireland viewers will be able to watch two one-hour highlights programmes on BBC1, and for the first time live video from the whole of the race day will be available on the BBC Sport website.

Highlights programmes will be broadcast on BBC NI and available later on the iPlayer and coverage of the Dundrod 150 and various feature stories filmed throughout the week will also be available online, fronted by BBC Sport NI's Stephen Watson with expert analysis from 14-times UGP winner Phillip McCallen.

[Image: greenlightlogo.jpg]

The live video coverage will also be available to spectators at the event using giant screens in the paddock and at Leathemstown spectator area.

BBC Radio Ulster will provide live radio coverage throughout the day.

BBC NI Sports Editor, Shane Glynn said: 'The Ulster Grand Prix is one of the biggest events in not only the local road racing calendar, but the local sporting calendar. I'm delighted BBC NI, in partnership with Greenlight TV, will be bringing our audiences enhanced coverage for the next three years.'

The long-term contract brings stability to the event as well, so organisers can plan for the future and develop commercial opportunities with local partners.

Noel Johnston of the Dundrod and District Motorcycle Club said he was excited by the prospect. 'We are delighted to have a new contract in place which will not only give fans of road racing a great opportunity to see more of the race, but will also allow coverage of the Ulster Grand Prix to be broadcast to a much wider audience than in previous years.'

Alan Clarke, chief executive of the Northern Ireland Tourist Board, said: 'Road racing is part of the sporting and cultural fabric of Northern Ireland. I hope visitors to the 2010 Ulster Grand Prix enjoy the event, and get the opportunity to explore Northern Ireland and discover what makes it so unique.

'Events such as this really help to build the profile of Northern Ireland.'

David Beynon of Greenlight Television said he was delighted with the package they had put together.

Anyone know what days the BBC 1 Ulster are showing their reviews? I can't find anything in the shedules yet?
05-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Find Reply