SWAN HONDA GET SET FOR BRANDS HATCH OPENING RACE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN HONDA GET SET FOR BRANDS HATCH OPENING RACE
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

The Swan Honda team were back on track at Brands Hatch today for the eighth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship as James Ellison and Stuart Easton finished the day seventh and fourteenth respectively following the opening two free practice sessions.

Ellison had been fastest towards the early part of the opening free practice session, but after ending seventh believes there is more to come from him and the Swan Honda in qualifying and the opening race tomorrow. Easton continued to improve his lap times in the afternoon, but knows that some further progress tomorrow could put him back where he needs to be for tomorrow’s all-important opening race.

Ellison said:

“I am fairly happy with how practice has gone today; I started off good and I felt quick, but to break the next barrier and move that bit forward has been difficult. There were reasons for this, the light rain, and slower riders but all in all it has been a good day and the best is yet to come from us this weekend. Tomorrow if we make some steps forward with the front end of the Swan Honda then we should be able to turn into corners faster on the brakes and that should give us the extra tenths we need to move up the timesheets.”

Easton said:

“We have just been working through a few things today, switching back to the settings we used before, and just going from there. We are still trying to work through some different combinations that could make a real difference, but that extra tenth will improve the positions dramatically. I am not that far off, so if I can shave a few tenths off in the final practice we should be up there for the qualifying session and the first race of the weekend. We just need to keep improving and get our heads down tomorrow"
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Website Find Reply