SWAN HONDA PREPARE TO MAKE AMENDS AT BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN HONDA PREPARE TO MAKE AMENDS AT BRANDS HATCH
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

The Swan Honda team are determined to make amends in the final two races at Brands Hatch tomorrow for the eighth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship after James Ellison finished seventh and Stuart Easton crashed out whilst fighting for the top ten.

The opening race was red flagged due to heavy rainfall and on the restart Ellison was making progress up through the pack before his visor misted up and a race of damage limitation saw him finish seventh. Easton meanwhile had to make up time after a collision into Surtees on the opening lap, fighting through to tenth but a crash at Paddock Hill Bend ended his race prematurely.

Ellison said:

“The race started off well for me in the dry; I got a good start and made a pass on Tommy Hill and I thought our pace was good and that we could chip away and move forward. The race was then red flagged and on the restart I didn’t get a bad start and was behind the HM Plant Honda boys. I felt I could match their pace and I wanted to stay with them and have a bit of a battle for the place. Towards the end of the race though my visor steamed up and I could barely see which is another one of those things that shouldn’t happen that has slowed us down this year. I just want to get out and win tomorrow now, to make amends for today.”

Easton said:

“When the race started I was up in the fight for the top ten and I felt I was running at a reasonable pace and was feeling happy that we could make some good progress up the field. It then started to rain and when we had the restart I collided at Surtees with Michael Laverty and it pushed us all out wide. It was then always going to be a tough task to come back, but I was moving up the order only to crash out at Paddock Hill. Overall I am happy with the pace though and feel that we should be able to put up a good challenge for the two races tomorrow.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Website Find Reply