Threads: 18,390
Saturday Practice + Report and Timings
[Image: mgpfestivalsmall.gif]

Sat 28 Aug - Roads close at 6.00 pm & will re-open no later than 9 pm

Classes

1820-1900 Classic, Post Classic, Ultra Lightweight, Newcomers B
1905-2000 Senior, Junior, Lightweight, Newcomers A

Weather Projection

Sunny intervals at first but the afternoon will turn cloudier with the threat of showers developing, especially mid to late afternoon.
Brisk west to north-westerly winds will make it feel cool, highest temperatures near 17C.

Average Temperature 15 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Wind: 28 km/h / 7.7 m/s from the West
Clouds: Few 396 m
Scattered Clouds 609 m
Mostly Cloudy 1219 m (Above Ground Level)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2010, 10:17 PM by Malcolm.)
28-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Saturday Practice
Apparently practice is delayed indefinitely due to an OIL SPILL on the road from Braddan to Kirk Michael.

How can this sort of thing happen ???
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
28-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

RE: Saturday Practice
[Image: mgpfestivalsmall.gif]

DIESEL SPILL ON THE COURSE CURTAILS SATURDAY'S MGP PRACTICE

Overcast conditions, damp patches, mist and an earlier diesel spill from Braddan Bridge to Kirk Michael all contributed to a severely reduced practice on the Isle of Man today at the Manx Grand Prix, sponsored by visitisleofman.com.

The two proposed practice sessions were run together with modern bikes at the front, starting from the pit lane exit, and the classic machines following from the pit lane entrance. The session began almost an hour late, shortly before 7.15pm, with Dan Sayle, who yesterday set an unofficial lap record in the lightweight class, on his 600cc Junior machine and Peter Symes on his Senior bike. Sayle’s opening lap of 104.467 was the fastest for most of the evening before Paul Smyth went round in 106.316. Michael Moulai was the fastest Senior competitor of the evening with 104.459.

In total 91 riders went out for the session and times were considerably down on the previous evenings, with many of the competitors electing not to go out for the practice. Mark Buckley on the Suzuki XR69 in the Senior Post Classic Class went close to posting a 100mph lap with 99.871 while Michael Dunlop, with an extremely conservative lap by his standards, recorded 99.343mph Chris Palmer went round in 98.372 for the fastest Junior Classic time of the evening.

The Manx Grand Prix Races start on Monday 30th August and organisers have admitted that the fast times in the Post Classic Class have forced a reappraisal of the schedule. Michael Dunlop has shattered the Post Classic lap record, albeit unofficially, with a time of 119.590mph (18:55.78) around the 37 ¾ mile mountain course, achieving a lap time only 25 seconds outside the outright Manx Grand Prix Lap Record, and on a machine that was built seven years before he was born.

Clerk of the Course Phil Taubman confirmed that: “The Manx Motorcycle Club has changed the race schedule on Monday to ensure that riders of comparable standard and times are running together. The Post Classic Senior Class will now follow the Newcomer A Group with the Newcomer B Group going ahead of the Post Classic Junior competitors.”

Olie Linsdell, who posted 114.931 on the 746cc Yamaha in Wednesday’s practice was the second fastest qualifier for the Post Classic Senior class with Mark Buckley third fastest on the 997cc Suzuki with a time that he set in Friday’s session. In the Post Classic Junior Class Chris Palmer, with his unofficial record from Friday’s practice on the ’91 Yamaha TZV Twin 250cc, tops the qualifying leaderboard with 111.075mph from Roy Richardson on the Yamaha TZ 249cc at 109.136 that he set in Tuesday’s practice.

The positions are reversed in the Junior Classic with Roy Richardson on top on his 349cc Aermacchi, set on Thursday, and Chris Palmer the second fastest qualifier on the 350cc AJS from Wednesday’s practice. Tom Jackson narrowly heads the Lightweight Classic qualifiers from David Smith.

Monday’s Races start at 10.15am with the Newcomers and Post Classic (Senior and Junior) Races with the Junior and Lightweight Classic starting at 1.15pm and a practice session and Vintage Motorcycle Club Parade following after the races.

The two riders who were injured in Friday night’s practice were both confirmed with fractures. Finland’s Osmo Partti was reported as comfortable in Nobles hospital with an arm fracture following following an accident at Cruickshanks while Andy Lawson was discharged from hospital on Saturday morning with a broken finger. There were no incidents reported in this evenings session.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
28-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

RE: Saturday Practice + Report
28-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Special Award ?
Osmo Parrti really deserves some recogition for his perserverence. To come all the way from Finland and then have almost a tumble every other day and finally end up in Nobles with a broken arm must qualify him for the On-n-Off Trophy. I hope someone will pop in to see him and wish him better luck !!

Good Wishes Osmo !!!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
29-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Website Find Reply