Additional Statement on Behalf of the Manx Motorcycle Club
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Additional Statement on Behalf of the Manx Motorcycle Club
[Image: mgpfestivalsmall.gif]

The Manx Motorcycle Club, organisers of the Manx Grand Prix, regret to announce the death of a second rider at today’s Manx Grand Prix. Both riders were involved in a racing accident at Alpine Cottage on the second lap of the Junior race shortly before 11am. The race was later abandoned.

Chris Bradshaw, 39, a Traffic Police Officer from Tamworth in Birmingham was taken to Noble's Hospital by airmed, but was declared dead at the hospital. Chris first competed on the Isle of Man in 2004 and finished 37th in last year’s Senior MGP race.

James Adam, 28, a serving officer in the Royal Navy, from Prestwick in Scotland who was also involved in the incident was attended to by the air med team, but was declared dead at the scene. James first competed on the Isle of Man in 2009, finishing 9th in the Newcomers race and 27th in the Senior MGP.

The next of kin of both families have been informed. The Manx Motorcycle club extends their deepest sympathy to the family and friends of both men.

The incident is now being investigated by the Isle of Man Constabulary who are preparing a report for the Coroner of Inquests.

Local rider Tim Venables is described as being in a critical condition in Noble's Hospital after coming off at Greeba Castle on lap one.

Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2010, 08:34 PM by Malcolm.)
01-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Website Find Reply