Linfoot launches to top five finish
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Linfoot launches to top five finish
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

Motorpoint Yamaha's Dan Linfoot ended the opening day of practice at Croft on a high after finishing fourth fastest and admits that it is now or never as he looks to improve on his best finish of the season.

Linfoot had been running inside the top ten throughout most of the second session this afternoon at his home round, but in the final two minutes he put in his best lap to move fourth, just 0.641s off the fastest lap of the session from Tommy Hill.

[Image: linfoot1.gif]

Linfoot said:

"Today has been better than expected and to be inside the top five is a good start to the weekend for me and better than the previous few rounds. We had a new engine in the bike for Cadwell Park and combined with the gearing it didn't feel like it was before so it took me a while to adapt. Today though I think I have started riding it differently and it seems to have come together and we have moved up the order a bit.

"Tomorrow we will make some subtle changes to the chassis and hopefully we can stay close to where we have been today; I know a few riders have been slightly down the order today and they will be back up there in qualifying, but if I can stay near the top five I will be happy. It is crunch time now, I have had time on the bike it's about time I started getting those results."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Website Find Reply