CROFT PODIUM KEEPS TINMOUTH IN TITLE HUNT!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CROFT PODIUM KEEPS TINMOUTH IN TITLE HUNT!
[Image: jennytinmouthlogo.jpg]

[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

Round 10 – Croft

10-12 September 2010

Jenny Tinmouth kept the pressure on her rivals last weekend with a well deserved podium finish as the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship visited Croft in North Yorkshire. After qualifying on the fifth row she battled hard during the race to take 15th overall and second of the cup competitors, which leaves her just 13 points behind the series leader going into the final two rounds.

The 2.125 mile circuit was still damp after overnight rain for the first free practice session, but as we have seen so often, these conditions suit Jenny, which was proved by her posting the 15th best time and the fastest lap of the cup competitors. Conditions improved for the second session, and on a dry track Jenny’s best lap put her in 22nd place and third of the cup competitors.

Jenny was confident going into Saturday and after the first qualifying session found herself provisionally in 18th place on the grid. She improved her time by well over a second during final qualification but was narrowly edged back to 20th position on the grid for Sunday’s race, herself, Jesse Trayler and Dan Kneen being separated by just 0.022 of a second.

[Image: jennytcroft.jpg]

Race day got off to a good start with Jenny once again being the fastest of the cup competitors during the 10 minute morning warm up, lapping in 19th position overall.

The race itself proved very eventful, making a good start, Jenny held her own during the opening laps before the safety car was deployed due to an incident involving Billy McConnell. Once racing recommenced she began to chase down fellow cup competitor Dan Kneen, who had managed to nip past Karl Harris and pull out a small advantage.

However, once clear of Harris herself, Jenny resumed the chase, and was closing in on Kneen towards the latter stages of the race, confident that she would be able to pass him for the cup win, but unfortunately any potential opportunity would be taken away due to the red flag bringing the race to an early conclusion due to oil being deposited on the track as the PTR Honda of Graeme Gowland expired dramatically. However, Jenny had achieved her second runner-up position of the season in the cup, and had significantly closed the gap to point’s leader Patrick McDougall, as he didn’t score due to unluckily crashing on the oil.

Jenny also achieved the fastest lap by a cup competitor in the race, with a time of 1 minute 24.144 seconds, averaging 90.91mph.

I really enjoyed the weekend at Croft, and was very pleased with my pace, beating my personal best time by over a second. The race was cool and after making a good start I felt that I could do a good job, and was reeling in Dan (Kneen) towards the end, it’s a shame it was red flagged as I thought I could get a win today, but as always, the safety of the riders must be the top priority. I saw the oil and managed to miss it, but Patrick (McDougall) wasn’t so fortunate and went down.

I’m looking forward to Silverstone now as we are chipping away at everything, the lap times are coming down and I have cracked my starts now, so there are a lot of positives to take into the final two rounds.

I would like to say a huge thank you to everybody who helps, supports and sponsors me, I simply couldn’t do this without you. Thank you!”

Jenny Tinmouth #10

2010 Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Cup

(Top 10 Positions after Round 10 – Croft)

1 Patrick McDougall 142pts
2 Max Hunt 134
3= Jenny Tinmouth 129
3= Dan Kneen 129
5 David Jones 87
6 Shaun Winfield 85
7 Mark Cringle 83
8 Matthew Hoyle 77
9 Luke Mossey 75
10 Paul Jordan 64

Jenny can next be seen in British Supersport action over the weekend of 24-26 September when the series visits Silverstone’s new look Grand Prix circuit for round eleven of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship and Supersport Cup.

Photography by Paul Pearson

Written and distributed by Martin Knighton
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Website Find Reply