Toseland in BMW, Ten Kate talks
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Toseland in BMW, Ten Kate talks
[Image: toselandheadshot.jpg]

James Toseland's manager has hinted the Briton is eyeing a deal with the factory BMW squad in World Superbikes.

However Roger Burnett added that they are also in negotiations with Ten Kate Honda.

"BMW is in the championship to win it - and that is very exciting," Burnett said "There is a massive commitment from the factory and it would be nice to be a part of that.

"In terms of BMW's brand, James is 29 years old with a good profile, so he'd certainly fit.

"We're (also) talking to Ten Kate Honda and you've got to compliment their engineers because it looks like the Fireblade was at its limit.

"But as a team they've pushed the boundaries of the bike and with Jonathan (Rea) they are getting really good results. As a team they know exactly what they are doing and they know how to go racing."

Toseland, a twice WSB champion, spent two frustrating years in MotoGP with Yamaha's satellite team Tech 3 before dropping back into the manufacturer's factory Superbike squad.

However he has struggled on his return to the series this season, standing seventh currently two places and 30 points behind team-mate Cal Crutchlow.

The team will not retain him for 2011, with Eugene Laverty and Marco Melandri already confirmed and Crutchlow MotoGP-bound.

"The Yamaha isn't the easiest bike on the grid to ride - we've seen that with both James and Cal over a whole race," Burnett added.

"The engine has a lot of mid-range torque and I honestly don't think that suits the way James opens the throttle, which is very aggressively.

"I believe a conventional four-cylinder, like he's ridden before and won with, will suit him much better."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Website Find Reply