*** Billown Dates for 2011 ***
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
*** Billown Dates for 2011 ***
[Image: s100hdr.jpg]

Communications Partner

[Image: manxtelecomlogo.jpg]

Southern 100 Racing is pleased to announce the dates of the three road races to be held on the Billown Course during 2011.

The Pre TT Classic Road Races as is the custom opens the TT Festival on Friday 27th May and continues on Saturday 28th, concluding with the main race day on Bank Holiday Monday 30th May. Tuesday 31st May sees the Prize Presentation and Concours D’Elegance take place in Castletown Square in the early afternoon.

The Post TT Road Races take place on Saturday 11th June and will bring the curtain down on the 2011 TT Festival.

The 56th running of the Southern 100 International Road Races commences on Monday 11th July and continues Tuesday, Wednesday evenings 12th & 13th, with a full Championship Day on Thursday 14th July on the 4.25-mile course in the south of the Isle of Man.

The Southern 100 Prize Presentation takes place in Castletown Square on the Thursday evening and is a unique and spectacular event in its own right, giving fans and enthusiasts to opportunity to acknowledge and applaud the riders and celebrate the Solo & Sidecar Champions achievements.

[Image: klaffis100.gif] [Image: ryanfs100.gif]

Southern ‘100’ Champions 2010

Club Chairman Phil Taubman said:

‘After a safe and successful year with the three road races on the Billown Course, it is pleasing to be able to finalise the dates for 2011, which now lets the organisers progress their plans for the year ahead.

‘As Chairman, I would like to take this opportunity to thank my committee for all the hard work they have put in to ensure the races on the Billown Course are as safe as possible.

‘As organisers we are also extremely grateful to all the volunteer marshals and officials who give up so much of their free time during the practices and races for each of the meetings held annually. We also appreciate the help and courtesy afforded to us by the residents and landowners around the 4.25-mile course.’

‘Of course without the continued support we receive from the competitors, their sponsors and supporters it would not be possible to plan and organise the meeting we run each year. We all have one aim and that is to promote, organise and run safe and enjoyable events on the 4.25-mile Billown Course.’
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Website Find Reply