Farquhar ends 2010 season with yet more success
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Farquhar ends 2010 season with yet more success
[Image: ryanfhdr.gif]

Ryan Farquhar wrapped up his superb 2010 racing season at the weekend with yet more success when he took two wins at the annual Sunflower Trophy races at Bishopscourt. Proving he can more than cut it on the short circuits, the KMR Kawasaki rider overcame the considerable challenge of Marty Lennon to take both of the Super Twins races thus meaning he ended the year with a total of 60 race wins from his road racing and short circuit exploits, a phenomenal achievement indeed.

After taking pole position from former National Superstock 600cc Champion Jamie Hamilton by 0.104s, Ryan found himself locked in a superb battle with fellow Kawasaki rider Lennon in the first 9-lap encounter and there was little to choose between the two Kawasaki riders. Positions changed hands with frequent regularity around the 1.82-mile circuit but Ryan was in front when it mattered most and he took the chequered flag and his first victory of the day by just 0.112s. The second race started in similar fashion but, this time, once Ryan hit the front he stayed there and he pulled away on each and every lap to eventually take the win, again from Lennon, by a commanding 6.049s. The two wins meant that Ryan finished third overall in the Irish Short Circuit Championship despite having only contested 4 of the 9 rounds, also winning all 8 of the races he finished.

Speaking later, a delighted Ryan said:

"It's great to come here and wrap up the season with another two wins and it's been another terrific year for me. Obviously I'm more of a road racer than a short circuit racer but I can ride on the circuits too and showed that today in the two races. Marty pushed me really hard in the first race and I was really impressed with how he performed especially as I know he's operating on an extremely tight budget. It was nip and tuck all the way but I managed to get by him and take the win, albeit just! The second race was a lot more straightforward and once I hit the front I just concentrated really hard and gradually pulled away. Like I say, it's been a superb season for me and I'd like to thank everyone who's supported me throughout the year particularly all my sponsors, team members and fans."

Phil Wain
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Website Find Reply