Sir Norman - TTFan
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Sir Norman - TTFan
I would like to dedicate a few words to Sir Norman Wisdom who departed life last evening.

He loved the Isle of Man and the TT almost as much as I do but he also lived on the Island for a number of years.

I remember spectating one year at Governors Bridge and had walked to the "Home" on the beginnings of the Glencrutchery Road just after the Bridge.

I could hear laughing to my left and turned to see in the middle of the group of people no other than Norman who had everyone in stitches.

The racing continued and everyone was now screaming with laughter.

We've seen all of his films and I feel that had a remake been made of "No Limit" he would have been a great Shuttleworth.

We won't forget you Sir Norman.

I feel a suitable plaque would be in order situated somewhere on the Island where people could remember him.

SEE http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2010, 01:26 PM by ian huntly.)
05-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Sir Norman - TTFan
(05-10-2010, 10:06 AM)ian huntly Wrote: I would like top dedicate a few words to Sir Norman Wisdom who departed life last evening.

He loved the Isle of Man and the TT almost as much as I do but he also lived on the Island for a number of years.

I remember spectating one year at Governors Bridge and had walked to the "Home" on the beginnings of the Glencrutchery Road just after the Bridge.

I could hear laughing to my left and turned to see in the middle of the group of people no other than Norman who had everyone in stitches.

The racing continued and everyone was now screaming with laughter.

We've seen all of his films and I feel that had a remake been made of "No Limit" he would have been a great Shuttleworth.

We won't forget you Sir Norman.

I feel a suitable plaque would be in order situated somewhere on the Island where people could remember him.

SEE http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news

It was only a few years ago that Sir Norman could be seen spectating in the Ballaugh area, and I will never forget the impression he made on the Japanese mechanics ( horror) when he decided he was going to climb on the "factory" 250 that was just about to be raced by either Joey or Phillip. yes he was a very funny man, I grew up with his humour, a very sad loss to the IOM. We will miss you|Norman.
05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Find Reply
deejay51 Offline

Threads: 9
Terribly sad time, however Sir Norman had a good innings. In the few years I have been coming to the Island I have enjoyed a great meal at the Sefton and took particular note of many Photographs on the walls, marvellous. Hope to pay my respects so to speak there again...
06-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

http://www.truveo.com/norman-wisdom-joyc...id/8022240

Remember Sir Norman.....This is from 1954 !!
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
06-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
There will only be one Norman Wisdom. What a special person. Happiest times in my childhood were going to the Saturday flicks to watch one of his films. I was lucky to meet him on a ferry many years ago and I thanked him for making me laugh and also making me cry. He seemed such a modest man. R.I.P. Norman.
07-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

RE: Sir Norman - Funeral
I note that his horse-drawn cortege will start from the Onchan end of the prom and end up at St Georges Church on the 22nd October

...Start at 1.35pm and arriving at the church at 2pm...After the service, in the Sir Norman Bar in the Sefton...

Will it be all covered by Manx Radio/Tv please ?

I am hoping to be able to be there..........
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2010, 05:21 PM by ian huntly.)
09-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
(09-10-2010, 05:16 PM)ian huntly Wrote: I note that his horse-drawn cortege will start from the Onchan end of the prom and end up at St Georges Church on the 22nd October

...Start at 1.35pm and arriving at the church at 2pm...After the service, in the Sir Norman Bar in the Sefton...

Will it be all covered by Manx Radio/Tv please ?

I am hoping to be able to be there..........

Please see posting http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=9995 for known available details Ian.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Website Find Reply
deejay51 Offline

Threads: 9
Simply impossible for me to get there, Ian and Malcolm maybe you could carry my thoughts from Gold Coast, Australia if you are attending.

Regards, Derek Hanbidge
11-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Website Find Reply