TT Website Forum
Anstey excluded ???? - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TT Related Posts (Only) (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Anstey excluded ???? (/showthread.php?tid=6794)

Anstey excluded ???? - cargo - 02-06-2008

Other sites are reporting that Bruce Anstey has been excluded for an illegal exhaust camshaft

Amor also under investigation

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - ALP - 02-06-2008

Amor isn't under investigation. The first 3 bikes were measured, Ansty's was found to be illegal and the CoC then disqualified him. Amor's bike has now been bought in from Park Ferme and is currently being measured (the same as the first 3 were). If Amor's is all OK, then he will officially be confirmed as getting 3rd place.

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - Baylon McCaughey - 02-06-2008

yep anstey disqf!
further staement ;ater

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - Baylon McCaughey - 02-06-2008

amor confirmed in 3rd

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - cargo - 02-06-2008

ALP Wrote:Amor isn't under investigation. The first 3 bikes were measured, Ansty's was found to be illegal and the CoC then disqualified him. Amor's bike has now been bought in from Park Ferme and is currently being measured (the same as the first 3 were). If Amor's is all OK, then he will officially be confirmed as getting 3rd place.

Yes you are quite correct...... point taken

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - Shitoffa Shovel - 02-06-2008

Manx radio seem to be keeping this one to themselves for now, so if in doub't ask the news papers who are always on the look for a good story,,,,,

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Bruce-Anstey-disqualified-from-Junior.4137994.jp

Regards

SS,,,,,,,

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - The Bag - 02-06-2008

Thats real unlucky for Bruce. But also for Plater and Amor as Steve has been robbed of standing on the top of the poduim and Keith from even stepping on it, maybe they could re run that race podium after the next race? Its a real experience these guys should not miss.
Russ

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - FC - 02-06-2008

The Bag Wrote:Thats real unlucky for Bruce. But also for Plater and Amor as Steve has been robbed of standing on the top of the poduim and Keith from even stepping on it, maybe they could re run that race podium after the next race? Its a real experience these guys should not miss.
Russ

His bike allegedly was not legal so he to should be excluded from results, no disrespect to Steve but rules are rules

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - Stella - 02-06-2008

No disrespect to Steve ?

Thought he rode one of THE BEST last Laps around the TT course today...

However thats not to say that i do not sympathise with the situation that Bruce Anstey found himself in today.

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - Shaun Harris - 02-06-2008

Bad luuk Bruce, guess mistakes can heappen eh

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - DCLUCIE - 02-06-2008

I know I posted on another thread about the legality of his bike. I agree totally with the exclusion, but I have to admit I really really feel sorry for him. I couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke, entirely his teams fault.

RE: Anstey excluded ???? - The Bag - 03-06-2008

FC Wrote:
The Bag Wrote:Thats real unlucky for Bruce. But also for Plater and Amor as Steve has been robbed of standing on the top of the poduim and Keith from even stepping on it, maybe they could re run that race podium after the next race? Its a real experience these guys should not miss.
Russ

His bike allegedly was not legal so he to should be excluded from results, no disrespect to Steve but rules are rules

Col, you've lost me there mate, what do you mean?
I agree Bruce should have been disqualified, albeit unlucky. The point I was trying to make was that Steve Plater has been denied the chance to stand on the top of the podium and Keth Amor has been denied the chance to even stand on it. I would like to see those riders up on the podium in the order they should have been, this surely could be accomodated as an extra podium celebration after the first race tomorrow?
Cheers
Russ