Hayden and the Isle of Man TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hayden and the Isle of Man TT
[Image: ducaticorse1.gif]

Nicky Hayden fans planning to see the Ducati Team MotoGP rider in action at Silverstone's British Grand Prix will get their chance a few days early if they attend the Isle of Man's Supersport TT on Wednesday, 8 June. The American will be the event's official starter, and he'll present the trophy to the winner at the finish.

Although the "Kentucky Kid" won't actually be entered in the TT , he will get the opportunity to take a Ducati 1198 SP on a parade lap around the Isle of Man's legendary Mountain Course, which is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.

For the lap, the 2006 MotoGP champ will be joined by five-time 500cc Grand Prix World Champion Mick Doohan. The two GP stars will be guided by "real" road racing hero Ian Hutchinson, who last year set a record by sweeping five solo wins at the TT.

[Image: nickyhaydenhead.jpg]

Two years ago, Hayden's now-Ducati teammate, Valentino Rossi, made a similar appearance at the TT.

"I'm really looking forward to going to the Isle of Man," said Hayden, who recently gave Ducati its first podium finish of the season, in Jerez, Spain. "I've been to pretty much every kind of motorcycle race you can imagine-the Daytona 200, the Jerez MotoGP, the Anaheim Supercross, the Namur World Motocross-but I've never been to the Isle of Man or any other real street race. People have always told me, ‘You need to go to the TT,' and now I'm finally going to get my chance. I'm really looking forward to meeting the riders, and I want to see what they do and how they do it. I'm not sure what to expect, but I do know it takes a brave rider, which is something I respect.
05-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Website Find Reply