BROOKES UPBEAT IN CROFT BSB QUALIFYING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES UPBEAT IN CROFT BSB QUALIFYING
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Josh Brookes remains upbeat and confident going into tomorrow's British Superbike races at Croft in North Yorkshire, despite narrowly missing out on the final Q3 qualifying session by a narrow 400ths-of-a second.

The Australian's Q2 time would have been good enough for the front row in Q3 - that's how close it was in qualifying - and his ideal time was fast enough for second place on the grid - so he's raring to go and looking to pick up strong Championship points tomorrow.

Josh Brookes:

"It looks and feels like we are a long way off but if we keep looking at the areas where we are strong, then there are lots of positives. For personal satisfaction it's not that great, but providing the weather stays good, we have a couple of little changes to make in the morning. Once we get on the track tomorrow I know there's a fair bit of time still to come from me and the bike. While the others seem to give it their all in qualifying, I hold a little bit in reserve so we have nothing to worry about. A bit of fine-tuning and we'll be there."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It wasn't a great day for us but it's hard to be down when your ideal lap time is good enough for P2 around Croft - which is a very difficult circuit to find the perfect set-up. I'm fairly satisfied with that performance, but obviously, like Josh, we are a little disappointed to have been bumped out of Q3 in the dying seconds by 100s-of-a-second - but that's racing.

British Superbike Championship, Croft, Qualifying result:

1st - Shane Byrne [Honda] 1m:20.069s;
2nd - Michael Laverty [Yamaha] +0.125s;
3rd - Loris Baz [Yamaha] +0.195s;
4th - Michael Rutter [Ducati] +0.749s;
5th - James Westmoreland [Yamaha] +0.871s;
6th - Stuart Easton [Kawasaki] +0.911s;
7th - Dan Linfoot [Honda] +1.001s;
8th - Tommy Hill [Yamaha] +1.519s;
9th - John Hopkins [Suzuki] +1.685s;
10th - Peter Hickman [Honda];
11th - Gary Mason [Kawasaki];
12th - Josh Brookes [Relentless Suzuki by TAS].
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Website Find Reply