World Supersport star Parkes set for Brands Hatch BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
World Supersport star Parkes set for Brands Hatch BSB
[Image: kawasakiwsbhdr.jpg]

World Supersport Championship contender Broc Parkes will sensationally make a return to Brands Hatch this weekend (5-7 August) when he replaces the injured Tom Sykes in the Kawasaki World Superbike team with a wild card appearance in the triple-header MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship event.

Parkes is currently fighting for the World Supersport Championship title with Kawasaki, having finished runner-up in the championship twice before. He scored a sensational win at Misano earlier in the season to take the lead in the overall standings and is aiming to utilise his world-class experience this weekend. Parkes has won six races and secured a further 21 podium finishes in the World Supersport Championship.

Parkes previously raced for the Kawasaki WSB team before returning to the World Supersport class and secured a hat trick of podiums in 2009 at the annual August Brands Hatch BSB event. Parkes scored three second places after a trio of epic battles with eventual champion Leon Camier and is now eager to go one better on his return to the Grand Prix circuit.

Parkes said:

"I am pumped about racing this weekend with the Kawasaki team and it will be great working with all of the crew again. I haven't ridden a Superbike for a while where I have been racing in the World Supersport Championship so I need to adapt again quickly but the Kawasaki has seen some big improvements since I last rode it so I am looking forward to it. The depth of field in BSB has definitely increased and it is going to be tougher than before I think; you can see how strong the competition is from what John Hopkins did last weekend as a wildcard at Silverstone. It is a great opportunity for me to race again at Brands Hatch and I need to thank Paul Bird and everyone at Kawasaki."

Kawasaki WSB team owner Paul Bird said:

"It is unfortunate that Tom won't be able to ride this weekend after getting injured, but having worked with Broc before it makes sense for him to return and ride with us again and work with his former crew. Broc went well at Brands Hatch two years ago for the team and we fully expect him to give a strong performance this weekend. The whole team are ready for the weekend and we are looking forward to getting back out there at Brands Hatch."
03-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Website Find Reply