DEBBIE’S CHILDHOOD TT DREAM IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO BECOMING REALITY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DEBBIE’S CHILDHOOD TT DREAM IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO BECOMING REALITY
[Image: teamoscarbutton.jpg]

Team Oscar Racing, are proud to announce that their application to take part in the TT has been accepted. The F2 sidecar road race team of Debbie Barron (driver) and Rob Lunt (passenger) plan to race in the 2012 TT making Debbie the first Manx born woman driver to compete in a TT sidecar race. They have just heard that they have been allocated number 50 for practice week.

Now that their application has passed the first hurdle, they need to ensure that “Oscar”, their bright green bike and sidecar combo, is fully fit to meet the technical scrutineers, so it’s on with the overalls and every spare moment devoted to oil trays, air boxes, gear changes and yet more tweaking to ensure he is at his best on the great day. Huge thanks are due to Howard Allison for giving “Oscar” a home in his garage.

When asked why racing in the TT is so important to her, Debbie explains that her parents were both Marshals at Pinfold Cottage, Ramsey and she remembers going along with them to the races aged about 5 years old.

She says “They would see me safely settled in a paddock area behind a great big solid gate. I had my pack of sandwiches and some sweets, but more importantly they made sure I had a radio and my push bike. I used to race that paddock on my bike, with all the stickers from the marshal packs stuck on it, listening to all of my heroes”. Those push bike glories for a 5 year old started her love of racing, but the TT has always had a special place in her heart. “I’ve always dreamt of taking part in the TT from those early days, it’s just that now the bike is much faster” she continues. “I believe that people should always follow their dreams. That’s why Team Oscar Racing’s motto is ‘Live the dream, whatever your dream may be’ and I’m determined to give my dream my very best shot”.

[Image: teamoscarpic1.jpg]

After Debbie’s 22 years as a Marshal at Balllagarey, Debbie and Rob can guarantee that they’ll have a lot of fans wishing them well as they speed round the course. Rob comments that he hopes friends they pass won’t mind if he doesn’t wave back, as he’s likely to have his hands full!

The support that they have had from friends has been overwhelming, but it will take a lot more to get them to the start line. “Racing is an expensive sport” Rob says, “and we need all the help we can get to achieve this. We’re still accepting sponsors and hope that TT fans will back us.”

To become a sponsor for Team Oscar Racing, download a Racing Portfolio, or for further information, check out the website at www.teamoscarracing.co.uk or find them on Facebook.

"There was never a genius without a tincture of madness" (Aristotle)

Download the February 2012 Press Release HERE in pdf format

Press contacts

Debbie Barron on 07624 483336

Heather Paisley on 07624 467158

(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012, 09:34 PM by Malcolm.)
23-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Website Find Reply