Crutchlow: "Honda package currently stronger"
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Crutchlow: "Honda package currently stronger"
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

He may have been quickest in the last pre-season test session, but Cal Crutchlow has no doubts that Repsol Honda Team is the squad to beat as MotoGP™ heads to Losail for the season-opening night race.

Crutchlow led the final three-day test for Monster Yamaha Tech 3, finishing ahead of the Yamaha Factory Racing duo. Despite that fact, he is sure that Dani Pedrosa – who finished fourth but decided not to ride on the final day – is the man to beat.

[Image: crutchlowjerezlastday2.jpg]

"We did some decent lap times and in the end we ran quite consistently, I was pleased," Crutchlow explained in a motogp.com video interview. "I feel good. It’s disappointing to manage no more than 70 dry laps over three days, but to be at this pace is good and I think everybody is in a similar boat.

"I think it is very difficult to beat the Hondas of Dani and Marc (Márquez) at the moment. I think their package is stronger. We know Dani is obviously very confident because he went home today – so he is happy with the bike! We are still working very hard with the Yamaha, but it’s going to be a big battle in Qatar."

The campaign will kick off with the Commercial Bank Grand Prix of Qatar on Sunday 7th April, with practicing being staged from three days earlier.

26-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Website Find Reply