BUILDBASE BMW TAKE VICTORY WITH MACKENZIE AT SILVERSTONE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BUILDBASE BMW TAKE VICTORY WITH MACKENZIE AT SILVERSTONE
[Image: mckenziewinsilvertsone.jpg]

Buildbase BMW returned to winning ways at Silverstone this afternoon with Taylor Mackenzie taking an emotional victory in the first round of the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 championship.

The 23-year-old controlled today’s race from the start to take victory ahead of factory-backed BMW riders Josh Elliott and Ian Hutchinson.

The victory rounded off a strong weekend for Mackenzie, who dominated in iffy conditions to take a commanding pole position before going on to take the win and pocket the fastest lap in the race, after what have been a tough few years for the youngster.

In the MCE Insurance British Superbike class, both Lee Jackson and Richard Cooper enjoyed strong results having seen dramatic progress across the weekend.

Having qualified 11th, Jackson pushed on at the start in both races to take two strong top ten results while Cooper fought through to take 12th and 11th in the two races respectively.

Michael Dunlop retired from both races.

Taylor Mackenzie: 1st – Superstock 1000: 

“It’s a bit of a relief really! After all the hard work we put in I’m over the moon. I thought I had good pace so I was confident for the race so I knew I needed to get a good start and not get held up. I got my head down after passing Rutter and knew if I got three or four laps in a row I’d be in a good position. The bike was on rails, I couldn’t fault it so it’s a great way to start the year with pole position, fastest lap and a race win. It’s what dreams are made of!”

Lee Jackson, 8th & 7th Superbike: 

“With the mixed conditions this weekend I’m chuffed to get an 8th and 7th as we were struggling with a bit of front end chatter on Friday. We managed to go back to the setting we had last year, which was a bit of a gamble but it worked out and qualifying 11th really helped. I can’t complain with the bike and in race one I didn’t quite get up to speed as quick as I should have but I picked them off and finished eighth. In race two I got a better start and it was a good race and I got seventh which I’m pretty pleased with for the start of the season given the conditions this weekend.”

Richard Cooper, 12th & 11th Superbike: 

“I think the end result shows we’ve progressed this weekend in every session right up until race two. The bike was absolutely perfect, if anything it’s carrying me a little. I’m losing out in one corner, visually about one second and you just can’t give that away to these guys. It’s something to think about, but thanks to the team as we’ve progressed little by little. Lee had two great rides which has given me something to chase, I take my hat off to him as he rode really well.”

Steve Hicken, Team Manager: 

“It was great to see Taylor take the win in the superstock class. It’s early days but he’s looking really strong and pretty much dominated this weekend. I don’t think the superbike results show the hard work put in by the lads and the progress made across the weekend, but that’s okay. Lee rode well to take two top tens and Richard took some big steps forward and I don’t think the result quite reflects where we’re at and we’ll be out to prove that at Oulton.”

[Image: buildbasebmwlogo.jpg]
12-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Website Find Reply