Laverty disappointed with second but fired up to race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty disappointed with second but fired up to race
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Yamaha's Michael Laverty admits he is disappointed to not have taken his first pole position of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at the team's home round of Croft this afternoon, as he was edged out by Shane 'Shakey' Byrne at the final stage.

Laverty had been the fastest rider on track in the opening two qualifying sessions and as the conditions changed at the Yorkshire circuit he pushed as hard as he felt comfortable with although it wasn't enough to defend the top sport from HM Plant Honda rival Byrne.

Laverty said:

"I am disappointed that we aren't on pole position after topping the first two qualifying sessions this afternoon. I went out for my lap and as I got to the back part of the circuit there was a sprinkle of rain and I backed off and wasn't committed enough to push for the pole time, so fair play to Shakey. That said I am not too disappointed as I know we have the pace, both over a qualifying lap and also race distance. I am pretty confident that no matter what the conditions tomorrow we can get a good feeling on the Swan Yamaha and challenge for the wins and podium finishes."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Website Find Reply