Crutchlow sets sights on 2014 factory ride
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Crutchlow sets sights on 2014 factory ride
[Image: calthoughtful.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow admits that his MotoGP™ future is currently undecided, but that he is keen to secure a factory deal with Ducati, Honda or current employers Yamaha.

The Englishman entered MotoGP™ at the start of 2011 and secured two podium finishers last season plus a further pair so far this year, including a career-best result of second place in the French Grand Prix at Le Mans.

"As for my own future, whether I'll be with Ducati, Yamaha or Honda is yet to be decided," Crutchlow says in a column for BBC Sport. "We're in negotiations with them all and hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will know what we're doing.

"At the moment, my career seems to be on the up and I'm getting closer to the guys at the front and starting to challenge for wins. I don't want to take a step back, so the next thing is to be in a factory team, but it has to be the one with the right machinery."

He also mentions the fact that Suzuki has confirmed its return to the sport, although this will be taking place in 2015 as opposed to the option of coming back in 2014.

"It’s a big disappointment for the championship, as it would have been nice to have another factory on the grid," Crutchlow claims, going on to share thoughts on his current teammate.

"If I do stay and Yamaha also bring in Pol Espargaro, then what will they do with Bradley Smith? It’s not fair on Bradley to have to give up his two-year deal. He’s not doing a bad job at the moment…the Tech 3 project for him was also for two years, so why should it be taken away from him?"

So far this season, Crutchlow has never placed outside the top five at Grands Prix in which he has finished. His sole retirement to date came as a crash in Barcelona.

27-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Website Find Reply