DAVID M-M............................
Anonymous
Unregistered

DAVID M-M............................
Might I post a special "well done" to my old mate David Madsen-Mygdal who won the 400 class at the NW200 and look forward to seeing him do as well at the TT............
13-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: DAVID M-M............................
Ian, excuse my ignorance, but is David M-M related to R. (I think) Madsen-Mygdal who raced a lovely big shiny black Vincent in the 1948 MGP? I seem to remember seeing an old photo of him on the bike with both wheels off the ground. "The Snarling Beast!"
17-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, David is Richard's son. No doubt Richard will be back here for the TT, I gather he now spends time following the GP rounds.
17-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Bill, now I know for certain. I am not able to come to the TT this year but I just found my way into your very informative 'Museum web site. Congratulations
17-05-2003, 05:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

YES indeed.........

David and I go back to the Dougie Bay days---

Anyone out there remember those GREAT days (and nights !!!!!) ???????????????????
17-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you mean the Douglas Bay Hotel?
I did spend some time there during the 1967 TT and, being an employee of Renold Chains in their Reading Branch office, I met up with Vic Doyle.
I had some interesting moments with Vic and his team during the Chain Scrutineering, holding bikes, scoffing ice cream, getting in the way. I remember Vic pointing out that he could not rivet up Agostini's chain as it was a metric Regina. In theory, the bike could have been rejected but the chain broke anyway!
18-05-2003, 03:07 PM