UTV programme last night
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
UTV programme last night
Did anyone else see the half-hour 'live' Ulster TV programme from the North West 200 last night, and did anyone else think it was the worst programme of its type they have ever seen? Their attempt to broadcast the programme live from the hospitality tent and the paddock was a total, embarrassing shambles. The programme consisted of little other than the same people who get wheeled out every year saying the same things that they say every year. There were no practice highlights whatsoever, they were too busy telling us what a great event the North West is and how marvellous their coverage is. In my opinion it was a totally unprofessional production and a complete waste of 30 minutes' airtime. I dread to think what non bike fans would have thought of it - it certainly wouldn't have brought any new fans to the sport, that's for sure. On this evidence, perhaps it's time for BBC Northern Ireland to take over the TV coverage of the North West - they do a good job of covering the national road races in Northern Ireland.
12-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Absolutely with you on this David - totally embarrassing, and that's without even mentioning Hector's knees Lol

I couldn't see one person being inspired to visit the event after watching it.

Sad
12-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Find Reply
Harvey T Offline

Threads: 16

Let the dug see the rabbit.
12-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Glad I didn't stay up to watch it then,or I would have been seriously annoyed by the lack of sleep :roll:
13-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Find Reply