MILWAUKEE YAMAHA TEAM KICK OFF 2014 INTERNATIONAL NORTH WEST 200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA TEAM KICK OFF 2014 INTERNATIONAL NORTH WEST 200
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha’s Josh Brookes opened his account at the International North West 200 with top ten times in both the Supersport and Superbike classes.

His team-mate Ian Hutchinson took 16th place in the Supersport session but slid off during the session at Mill Road roundabout. Hutchinson suffered a finger injury and later completed laps on his Milwaukee Yamaha R1 Superbike.

Brookes took ninth place in the Supersport practice after 7 laps of the 8.9-mile coast road circuit. The Aussie then replicated that placing in the opening Superbike practice session aboard his Milwaukee Yamaha R1.

[Image: joshbrookesday1.jpg]
Josh Brookes during Tuesday Practice

Brookes said:

“It wasn’t too bad I suppose for a first session; we had a good run out, but not perfect. We have some improvements to make with both the Supersport bike and Superbike for Thursday. We had a little brake issue with the 600 but after that it’s just down to me to go quicker. On the Superbike we had a bit of movement from the rear, so a suspension adjustment should sort that. But all in all a pretty positive first session at the North West.”

Hutchinson said:

“I’ve lost a finger nail and a bit of skin in the crash off the Supersport bike, so it’s a bit frustrating. It was a niggly little problem and the bike jumped from first to second and bucked me over the front. I just wanted to get back and get a few laps on the Superbike and get myself settled before Thursday.”

Team co-ordinator and chief engineer Mick Shanley said of the opening day:

“Hutchy had a couple of issues and got caught out on his first flying lap on the 600. He’s damaged a finger but overall he’s okay. He got a few laps on the Superbike at the back of the Superstock session at the end of the day – so he should be good to go on Thursday.

“Brookesy had a pretty good day overall. Last year he was learning the circuit as a newcomer, so at least he hasn’t as much to do on that front this year. This time it’s all about set-up and his pace today in both sessions was not a million miles away. He’s looking for a bit more stability on the Superbike and to be fair the 600 is a bit of a novelty for him, not having ridden one for so long. But for the first day at the North West we are happy enough.”

14-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Website Find Reply