BROOKES AND JACOBSEN ON BRANDS 2ND ROW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES AND JACOBSEN ON BRANDS 2ND ROW
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's Josh Brookes and team-mate PJ Jacobsen will start from row two in the opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race of the season tomorrow at Brands Hatch in Kent.

Both GSX-R1000 riders made the final qualifying Q3 session this afternoon with Australian Brookes taking sixth and the 19-year-old American BSB rookie impressing in eighth in his full BSB debut.

Josh Brookes:

"Yeah, I'm sort of happy with that even though sixth place is not a qualifying position I'd normally settle for. It's all about making progression at this stage of the season and while I'd like to be up front dominating, we just didn't have the pace to do that today. I'm not overly-bothered about some of the guys in front of me who I see as one-lap wonders."

PJ Jacobsen:

"That was really good today. I had aimed for top-10 or 12 in the first qualifying of the season and I didn't think with the limited time on the bike I've had, that I'd be making the front two rows. I am pretty happy with what I'm doing everywhere on the track; I just need a little bit more confidence braking down into Graham Hill Bend. Tomorrow is all about being nice and smooth in race one and we can take it from there."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's a tough start for everyone with the weather we've been having and the limited testing time we've all had, but I'm happy with that today. Josh is comfortable starting from the second row and I'm delighted with PJ on his debut. We have a little bit of work to do and a few things to try in the morning but we are going in the right direction."

[Image: joshbrookesbrands2013.jpg]

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship Qualifying:

1 Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) 45.655s,
2 Alex Lowes (Samsung Honda) +0.142s,
3 James Ellison (Milwaukee Yamaha) +0.315s,
4 Jon Kirkham (Buildbase BMW) +0.410s,
5 Keith Farmer (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +0.437s,
6 Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +0.482s,
7 Ryuichi Kiyonari (Samsung Honda) +0.506s,
8 PJ Jacobsen (Tyco Suzuki) +0.678s,
9 James Westmoreland (Buildbase BMW) +1.049s,
10 Dan Linfoot (Lloyds British GBmoto Honda) +1.060s.

07-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Website Find Reply