Best days to go to TT
Johnboy Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Best days to go to TT
Hi,

2007 will be my first year at the TT, me and a couple of friends are going over however i've been tasked with arranging the whole transport/accomodation thing. We've only got a couple of nights availiable (due to constraints imposed on us by our wives !!!) so we want to make sure we make the most of the limited time we've got. Could somebody please giv eme some advice as to the best days to go so I can then arrange the ferry.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but i'm new to this.

Thanks
20-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 41

John, I think the times you can visit may be dictated by the ferry company! I read on another forum that it was impossible to get a boat over after the Tuesday of practice week. My suggestion is to ring the Steam Packet (don't bother with the website) and find out when you can sail & base your arrangements on that.

I'm also told that accomodation is pretty much full so talk to the Tourist Board about home stay.

Alternatively, ignore the wives and go for the fortnight!
20-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

One thing you will find is that it is very difficult to get accomodation for a couple of days, as most providers want two week, or at the very least, one week bookings...you could, of course, camp, and hope for a repeat of this year's weather.
20-06-2006, 06:33 PM