Iris Boddice
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Iris Boddice
Just read elsewhere of the loss of Micks Mum....

My condolences to Mick and family.

I have in my "vast Collection" a photo I took years ago in B & W of Mick, very young, in a cap with his Mum on the Island watching his Dad racing.....Very sad weekend.

Also I was sorry to read iin the Sunday Mail, the Norman Wisdom story, which has been "denied" by his family.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
12-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Condolences to the Boddice family. Sidecar families in particular seem to be dynasties, don't they, with several generations living for their racing.

I have very happy memories of Sir Norman, who does have a bike connection, as well as his Isle of Man residency.
He used to come out and watch the early morning practices, and in the mid70s I remember him coming to talk to us at the back of the Sefton in our garage. (I think he had a little dog with him) He asked all about the bike and rider, and then wandered off. The boys were very scathing, saying he just wanted us to ask for his autograph (none of us had said anything about who he was).
However, next morning the rider fell off at QB, breaking both collarbones, so he looked like a suit without a coathanger. That afternoon, Norman re-appeared looking very concerned.. "Where is he? I watched for him this morning and he didn't come round". They had the grace to be shamefaced.
Incidentally the gofer that year was a young lad called Steven Hislop...
I would take the Mail on Suday's report with a pinch of salt, and consider the article intrusive and none of our business, frankly.
I hope Sir Norman continues to entertain his fellow residents for a long time.. what a treat for them, and some hard to find contemporaries for him. When you are 92, there are not many people who remember what you can, and it can be very lonely.
12-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1

A nice posting, Helen Big Grin
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
14-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Find Reply