Misadventure Verdict on Marshal
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

I couldn't agree with you more 'Bag'. I've marshalled for many years, with a few years break in the middle, and I would never level criticism of ANY marshal who suddenly confronted with a major incident, either can't handle it, or just freezes with 'shock'.

None of us ever know if it will happen to us one day, you just hope it doesn't when 'that day' comes! And you also have to be aware that it could happen to one of your fellow marshals, so that you can make the right calls "on the hoof"

That is one part of the coroners statements I take issue with. Its been reported in the "Independant" that two marshals stood by and did nothing" or words to that effect and "spectators were on the track removing the bike". The coroner showed a lack of understanding, That in actual fact proved that the system was working. Marshals are "Special Constables for the duration of the Road Closing and have the authority to co-opt spectators when necessary. And couldn't the two who stood by have been in 'shock' ?

Sorry Mr. Moyle you got this one wrong.

Merry Christmas to ALL marshals past present and future and don't let the present problems put you off. Happy New Year and see you on the Island.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
18-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Misadventure Verdict on Marshal - by ttwebsite - 13-12-2005, 10:27 AM
[No subject] - by Harvey T - 15-12-2005, 07:26 PM
[No subject] - by Malcolm - 16-12-2005, 10:58 AM
[No subject] - by charlie hulse - 16-12-2005, 01:35 PM
[No subject] - by The Bag - 18-12-2005, 05:57 PM
[No subject] - by charlie hulse - 18-12-2005, 09:43 PM