TT ZERO
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
RE: TT ZERO
(30-01-2010, 09:17 AM)deejay51 Wrote: Hi Jan,
OK, I concurr with your comments it is all terribly sad. I have covered the Bel-Ray Six Hour in detail, the demise of Oran Park imagery and recent trip images to my fav. 'long gone' circuit, Amaroo Park on my website, maybe have a look some time.

http://www.deejay51.com/six_hour_galleries.htm
Thanks, I have visited your site before. Excellent. It absolutely breaks my heart that we lost Oran Park and Amaroo to the urban sprawl. So many memories. In addition to these we also lost the Sydney Royale Showground Speedway, due to a couple of big timers moving into the area who obviously had immense power with the local Council and Government. Strangely the long time residents surround this magnificent venue had absolutely no problems with the regular Saturday summer night noise or road congestion. Same thing happened to the Brisbane Exhibition ground. We motorcycle people are a minority group and only became respectable when we produced our first World Champ for some time, that being Wayne Gardner. We currently have four world speedway champions in different divisions but even this doesn't help save our tracks.
30-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
TT ZERO - by deejay51 - 29-01-2010, 04:04 AM
RE: TT ZERO - by Jan Grainger - 29-01-2010, 09:23 AM
RE: TT ZERO - by deejay51 - 30-01-2010, 09:17 AM
RE: TT ZERO - by Jan Grainger - 30-01-2010, 11:14 PM