Silver Dream Racer - Where is it ?
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Silver Dream Racer - Where is it ?
Hi Kev, we were at Donington as well, on the last corner before the finishing straight. We saw this big car with the boot lid down and a cameraman lying on his tum, filming a bunch of guys trying to look as though they were going fast.

When they eventually ran the sequence in the finished film it was run about 3x the original speed.

I was there with Dougie Randall (ex-TT Rider, 7th in 1980, fastest privateer through the Highlander 147 mph) who actually went on to appear in one sequence (at Silverstone) wearing Keith Manning leathers I think.....he stands out quite well on the grid with all the other mixed capacity machines in the "World Championship" !

I have just been reading about the two endings...I didn't know they have a version where he crosses the line and the film ends.....I have the original VHS version which has had a good bashing in my player except for the final bit which is unused since I stop it when he crosses the line.

I might now invest in the newer DVD.......................A much more sensible ending rather than having a bike almost empty of fuel, after a race, going up in a fireball !!

The Barton/Harton/Sparton engine went on to win a TT, in the outfit of Nigel Rollason I believe...Will anyone vouch for this ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2010, 04:50 PM by ian huntly.)
25-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Silver Dream Racer - Where is it ? - by ian huntly - 25-06-2010, 04:48 PM