Any one for a Subaru lap
studiosoft Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Any one for a Subaru lap
(30-11-2014, 06:41 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: but the sad fact is Dommy they do , and the TT being what it is we can never make it any better , but the truth is that when they do risk assesment on the course it is done from a bike perspective not a car one and they are or should be totaly different ellements ,
some times I wish I had not got involved in the official side of things how much easier it was just having to think about my self and the wife , becoming a marshal put a whole different slant on my out look on things , I suffer from all or nowts disease

I have marshalled on many rally events and I have witnessed all kinds of incidents. In the same way that biking incidents can defy gravity, theory and physics I have seen cars end up in the most unlikely places. A risk assessment is all very well but a fast moving object of any kind is liable to bounce or deviate in the most unexpected manner.

The simple fact is that nobody who stands next to a motor sport track is 100% safe and we all stand in our chosen position at our own risk.

The Subaru laps are making money for the TT fund but at what point do they become a liability? The rule of 'Sod' will apply eventually and one of these laps, which are almost constantly a few inches from disaster, will go badly wrong and it will be the ill-equipped TT Marshals who have to pick up the pieces.

Is it fair to ask these bike fans, who willingly give their time to the TT, to have the inevitable destruction, etched in their memories at an event where 4 wheeled vehicles have no real part to play?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going as fast as I want.
30-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Any one for a Subaru lap - by Steady the Edward - 29-11-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: Any one for a Subaru lap - by dommyman - 30-11-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: Any one for a Subaru lap - by c iom tt - 30-11-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Any one for a Subaru lap - by studiosoft - 30-11-2014, 08:40 PM
RE: Any one for a Subaru lap - by sticky - 01-12-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Any one for a Subaru lap - by studiosoft - 01-12-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: Any one for a Subaru lap - by c iom tt - 01-12-2014, 09:26 PM