2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this....
RichW Offline
Old Skool Biker

Threads: 2
RE: 2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this....
I let them go past and followed the stragglers back around to the start, but rather than pulling in i opted to follow the course all the way around, the roads were quiet for the time of day and i wanted to take advantage. I constantly look for good photo loctions and happened across this one. Its one of the paces where they site the high speed camera to catch the bikes bottoming out. No where for me to catch the action though, it is all a restricted area now...

[Image: IMG_2876_zpsb260e02e.jpg]

So i kept on going up to Ramsey, looking forward to a run over the mountain.

I rode out of Ramsey town centre, it was sunny and the road was open for once, this was going to be good! Out onto the open road, NO SPEED LIMIT at all (just like the rest of the national speed limits on the Isle of Man)... excitement building at the thought of opening the bike up ....

... only for the weather to spoil the fun rather prematurely. Within a mile it was spitting, shortly after that there was spray off the tires of cars that i was passing, and by the time i got to the Bunglow it looked like this...

[Image: IMG_2884_zps338cf623.jpg]

...and it got even worse after that! As i dropped back down from the mountain section the mist cleared but it continued spitting with rain, decided to call it a day and head back to camp.

Bike repairs IOM style....

[Image: IMG_2885_zps1a45527c.jpg]

So that was My Mad Sunday! Steady away, time to relax again....

[Image: IMG_2887_zpsb5479ff7.jpg]

Top set of lads, none of whom i'd met before the trip, not that that matters....

[Image: iomtt2014_zpsb6bfc518.jpg]
10-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this.... - by RichW - 10-01-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: 2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this.... - by Boltonswanderer - 19-01-2015, 11:39 PM