Guy looked a bit shook up in that interview...
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Guy looked a bit shook up in that interview...
I never raced the roads and so cannot comment on how crashes at the TT affect the mind, but on the short circuits I found that as I gained experienced of parting company with the bike it affected me less. As Splashdown stated racers crash. I remember an experienced road rider and occasional track day rider telling me the difference between me and him was that I accepted that I would crash.

What I read into the Guy interview was not a lack of confidence in himself, but certainly in the bike. Whilst the reasons for the crashes (JM130 and Guy) appear to be different, I certainly would not want to be setting off on it. Guy's times, whilst partly indicative no doubt of his absence last year and limited testing, tell me that the bike is nowhere near. His pre-race interview also stated that. Honda must be in a right old spin. Wanting to have the publicity for the new Blade, but knowing that Guy would be likely to say it how it is rather than tow the corporate line.

At least, judging by yesterday's race, the battle at the front is still intense and involves more than just Hutchy and MD.
05-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guy looked a bit shook up in that interview... - by Smokin Haddock Racing - 05-06-2017, 11:17 AM