NW200 Top Team and riders withdrawn
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: NW200 Top Team and riders withdrawn
(12-05-2023, 04:27 PM)ian333 Wrote: Not sure what answer you are looking for here. What always seems to be lost when situations like these arise is this - we are all in this together. We all want road racing to succeed and thrive. 99% of the people involved are doing because they love it and want to to continue. Be it riders, marshals, scrutineers, officials, fans, mechanics etc. I am not into conspiracy theories. Don’t think anyone got up yesterday morning and said right, let’s see how I can screw this event/team/rider.

Because you stated.

Some people have pointed to scrutinering but the primary reason for scrutinerring is safety, not to 100% validate the compliance of a bike - that will always be the responsibility of the rider.

I think its reasonable for everyone to assume that scrutinising as well as checking the safety of the bike, but also to make sure there is nothing on it that should not be.
As for conspiracy theories, an lot of people will have attended to see Josh Brookes, letting him practice fulfills part of that without it all kicking off after the race.  If the Carbon wheels are not safe to race, they are not safe to practice, which brings me right back to scrutineering
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
12-05-2023, 07:05 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NW200 Top Team and riders withdrawn - by c iom tt - 12-05-2023, 07:05 PM
RE: NW200 Top Team and riders withdrawn - by civ - 13-05-2023, 12:58 PM