New TT scoreboard 'not a priority'!
Nasher Offline

Threads: 31
RE: New TT scoreboard 'not a priority'!
Firstly, each to their own, but for me the old scoreboard was so slow to update (people writing on slates and the slates being put in place by scouts), it could only be seen by a very few people in the grandstand/pit lane along with faster & faster lap times making the information fairly useless to pit crews - a relic of a bygone era

Add to that, the often published opinion on here, that real TT fans watch 'from the hedges' it means the old scoreboard had become nothing more than a quirky piece of nostalgia, It's biggest achievement in recent times has been to give those who do not like change of any sort something to moan about on social media

A couple of big screens to give accurate information to crews (mobile phones are not allowed in pit lane, so live timing is not available) plus those in the grandstand who wish to see it, is all that required for the 24 days of the TT & Manx Grand Prix - I'm pretty sure its isn't used for the other 341 days of the year (342 this year!)

If I were a Manx tax payer, I wouldn't want my taxes to pay for a new scoreboard

As I said at the beginning of this post, each to their own, don't flame me for my opinions
22-03-2024, 05:31 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New TT scoreboard 'not a priority'! - by Nasher - 22-03-2024, 05:31 PM