New TT scoreboard 'not a priority'!
Nasher Offline

Threads: 31
RE: New TT scoreboard 'not a priority'!
(22-03-2024, 07:40 PM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: It's the very typical Manx Govt snide approach to the whole thing that has naffed me off - a well managed decline of the structure then demolish it on the surprise surprise grounds of HnS with no new structure in place but tell everybody with typical doublespeak that a new one will appear and even include the Cubs n Scouts on a possible new design ......... then it doesn't appear and actually not having a new board was surprise surprise the idea all along. Yes it was old and possibly behind the times but my TT / MGP journey started as Cub on the scoreboard along with many others it gave a huge amount of pride and excitement to be working on the scoreboard and in the tower...I just feel the whole process could have been managed in a much better upfront honest and generally decent fashion, if it wasn't going to happen then say that from the off, don't employ the time-served method of Problem - Reaction - Solution to get things done as 2024 lots of people have seen through that schtick.

I have to say, that whilst you & I may disagree on about the board (coming from different experiences) I feel that your views on the Manx Govt approach reflects my (much more limited) experience. Certainly, when seeking opinions they seem appalling bad at giving the rationale to proposals. Something I always point out with my responses to them

My other bug bear is the fact that the Manx Grand Prix has been going for over 100 years and very few people even know it exists!!

On the plus side, only 66 sleeps until I'm back on Mona's Isle (and 148 until the Manx)
22-03-2024, 08:18 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New TT scoreboard 'not a priority'! - by Nasher - 22-03-2024, 08:18 PM