Marshalls dissent Over Comments
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments
(05-06-2011, 09:59 AM)ian huntly Wrote: I'm sorry but I feel Mr Nelson is being judged very unfairly in the light of this case.

Marshalls do volunteer and must know that there are wide extremes of spots where they have to man and I suppose this must be known beforehand...

In 2011 we have had a practice week from hell which must have put a huge strain on him and instead of giving him full support he is getting increased grief by him being made to apologise for a comment made in the heat of the moment, and in these circumstances it is quite unappealing.

We need Marshalls but some of them think they should get the prime sites and stand there without any hassle.

Please support Eddie, he does a very demanding job with little acknowledgement when it is all going smoothly but slip a little and its bash him a lot...Forget it...there's a whole week to go yet !!!!

Thank goodness for you Ian, I thought I was the only one who seemed to have spotted that it is deemed OK to constantly have a dig at organisers but heaven forbid any one should say anything to a marshal!!!

We know without marshals there would be no racing, but there would be no racing without riders, organisers, spectators, each one as important as the next.
We all and I as an ex racer REALLY APPRECIATE Marshals, but it seems to me these last few years 'alot of them' not all, seem to only say they're doing it to be constantly thanked and want to try and hold the whole show to ransom of thanks for fear of them not bothering.
At the end of the day marshal are race fans and like the racers and spectators should be doing it becuase they want to see it and be part of it NOT just to be thanked every 2 minutes and told how wonderful they are. If some Marshals aren't happy then don't do it? Simple.
Because one thing that is as sure as going for a s*** every day is , IF the TT and MGP races stop, THE MARSHALS, THE RACERS AND THE SPECTATORS will ALL miss it before any of the organisers do.
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
05-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by Malcolm - 02-06-2011, 10:23 PM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by Malcolm - 03-06-2011, 01:16 PM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by Gstarron - 05-06-2011, 03:09 AM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by The Bag - 05-06-2011, 12:14 PM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by Malcolm - 06-06-2011, 09:50 AM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by beepee - 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM