TT World Series
pppdrive Offline

Threads: 0
RE: TT World Series
(27-07-2011, 10:26 AM)ian huntly Wrote: The TT is unique to the Isle of Man (Ok, there is a Dutch TT) because it is a Time Trial, for the Tourist Trophy.

We get entries mainly from Ireland and the UK with a smattering of continentals and antipodeans plus the odd eastern european entry.

Unless there is representation of other countries on our planet it can't be called a World Series. Unless similar races are held on the five continents it can't be called a world series.......

In America there is the World Series of Baseball (Rounders for men) but it was called "world" because of a sponsor of that name. The world series is also limited to american teams.

I can understand the desire to go planet after all the ever-expanding publicity with DVDs and 3D films but unless we get representatives of Africa, Mongolia, Antarctic, Korea, Greenland etc participating, a title saying "World Series" really is a laugh. Think again please.........

Observations please

Possible, as Mongolia certainly has the Horse Power but I think it'd be skating on thin ice to include Antartica. Seriously though I can see a possible increase in exposure with the IOM TT being the lead event in a World Series. There appear to be a lot of dangers though with the possibility that the whole thing could end up like a bigger MotoGP shambles (without the Moto2 and 125s, is the MotoGP even worth watching?). Worth looking into as long as a hasty decision is not made in my opinion.
27-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
TT World Series - by Malcolm - 22-07-2011, 11:11 AM
RE: TT World Series - by Malcolm - 22-07-2011, 01:40 PM
RE: TT World Series - by ian huntly - 27-07-2011, 10:26 AM
RE: TT World Series - by pppdrive - 27-07-2011, 10:34 AM
RE: TT World Series - by George - 27-07-2011, 11:15 PM
RE: TT World Series - by chris - 29-07-2011, 12:05 AM
RE: TT World Series - by Chris Maybury - 28-07-2011, 07:12 AM