Qualifying for the TT
Anonymous
Unregistered

Qualifying for the TT
I have been told, and pleae correct me if I am wrong, but to Qualify for a start in the Sidecar TT, you must have done essentially a 90MPH+ lap.

This is a bit of a worry for the likes of me. I am just a Clubman racer here in Australia, and I want to have a go at some Real Road Racing. I can really imagine flying all the way to the Isle of Man, leasing a bike, only getting acouple of laps of practice in.....and not Qualifying!!!

My Sidecar racing mentor Gavin Porteous, who one won the best Newcomers award over at the TT in 93 or 94 I think, has told me that he thinks that I'd be fine. His advice was to ride the TT Circuit just as if I was running late for work. Easy for him to say, he is a 4 time Aussie champion and a guru sidecar racer.

I still have my 125cc GP bike and a 250cc classic racer in my garage, I know that I could qualify for the Ultralightweight TT or the classic Manx, as I raced solo bikes at National level Here in Austarlia. I feel that I would not have a problem qualifying on either of these bikes. But to be honest, I very much prefer riding sidecars......they are more of a challenge to me.

So.....after all of that drivel, (sorry),..... Is it true.....Will I have to 90 a 90MPH+ lap to qualify?.... Do they have a qualifying cutoff? Can someone please let me know.

Regards,
John Swensen

04-09-2002, 01:47 AM

Messages In This Thread
Qualifying for the TT - by Anonymous - 04-09-2002, 01:47 AM
Re: Qualifying for the TT - by Anonymous - 04-09-2002, 07:48 AM
Re: Qualifying for the TT - by Anonymous - 04-09-2002, 05:40 PM
Re: Qualifying for the TT - by Anonymous - 04-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Re: Gails Indian - by Anonymous - 04-09-2002, 10:54 PM
Re: Qualifying for the TT - by Anonymous - 05-09-2002, 03:32 PM
Big Gav Porteous (for Fitz - by Anonymous - 12-09-2002, 08:59 AM