Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
(08-12-2014, 11:09 PM)sticky Wrote: The Germans already have one, at Frohburg and it's the final round of the International Road Racing Championship.  The 2015 dates are already established and can be found here: http://www.irrc.eu/

There is road racing in Eastern Europe, probably the best known being at Horice, which is also part of the championship.  The biggest problem as far as riders we're familiar with competing in this series is that some of the rounds clash with the TT, UGP & MGP.

You can't help but wonder whether it wouldn't have been better to look at a mutually beneficial arrangement with this pre-existing championship.

There are definitely other road races out there and I would assume that part of the task that the consultants are undertaking is to look at the size and status of these races and how plausible it would be to bring them into a new championship aligned with the TT.  I'd also like to think that they'll be getting some idea of how plausible to would be to re-energise some of the old races.  A September trip to Montjuic Park say, would a very nice way to round off a season.   I seem to recall that Assen was part of the F1 championship were there any other circuits that are still running (possibly in a revised format) that were in it?

I only take a passing interest in these things but it does seem that a number of cities are realising the commercial potential of holding a city roads based car race - many be they'll see the same potential for a bike race?

Anyone been to Horice or Froburg?  Are they anything like to UGP or more like Scarborough? Could they support / be part of a bigger event? 

Cheers

Sam
09-12-2014, 12:18 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister - by Sam Pato - 09-12-2014, 12:18 AM