TT World Series findings expected next October
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: TT World Series findings expected next October
I suspect Warrior is entirely correct in his assessment of the situation.  I presume most consultancies will keep accepting the cheques as long as the client keeps writing them...

What countries do we think might be approached?  Australia has a ready made venue in Mount Panorama at Bathurst and I'm sure there would be something suitable in NZ but as this is about commercial opportunity, would the DED think that these countries have anything to offer business-wise?

We're left with Asia - the most likely bet in my opinion, the Middle East and South America.  I suppose S. California & Florida are options for a winter series but could you ever get a road circuit up and running there? 

I also wonder if the DED have given thought to whether the riders would actually be able to devote the time to this.  Taking two of the riders I regularly report on as an example, both of them have become regular top ten finishers in their classes and as such are likely to be on the radar as potential competitors in this series.  One is self employed and the other works for the family business.  This would make it hard for them unless there was enough money available to them to cover their absence and to get them to these events.

I really can't see how this can work but I'm prepared to be convinced if anyone has a contary opinion Icon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2014, 06:35 PM by sticky.)
25-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TT World Series findings expected next October - by sticky - 25-11-2014, 06:35 PM