2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this....
RichW Offline
Old Skool Biker

Threads: 2
RE: 2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this....
Sunday 1st June - "Mad Sunday";

All but a name sake, the mountain section is now one way for the whole two weeks so Mad Sunday isnt quite so mad now as you've got two weeks to enjoy the road.

Woke up to a misty start....

[Image: DSC_0723_zps0a56b56a.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2844_zpsf60f9882.jpg]

No rush so started with a gentle ride out, determined to get a Sunday dinner. I asked the advice of a copper who was operating a speed trap, i must say at this point the coppers on the Island are so chilled and relaxed, totally opposite to back on the mainland, and by been this way they earn so much more respect. I did not meet anyone who had anything bad to say about them, even the one who'd got done at 47 in a 30 zone. Top lads who do a great job. Anyway, to cut a long story short (lol) he pointed me in the direction of Sulby Glen Hotel - its on the course, you can sit outside while the race bikes fly past going flat out...

[Image: IMG_2883_zpsc76833eb.jpg]

The cops also eat here, as you can see by the police cars...

[Image: IMG_2818_zps515169c3.jpg]

Cannot complain for less than a tenner with a coffee....

[Image: IMG_2845_zpsf249be2e.jpg]

Outside tourists going past....

[Image: IMG_2851_zps42c8c82a.jpg]

From Sulby i rode upto Jurby in the North West of the Island. Called in at "Jurby Junk" - as per its name it is full of junk. Short ride from Jurby to the most northern part of the island...

[Image: IMG_2858_zps9a06c2e9.jpg]

Nothing to see but at least i can say i was here ...

[Image: IMG_2862_zpsf54e49aa.jpg]

I was later going through Kirk Michael and couldnt help but notice this great photo opportunity....

[Image: IMG_2882_zpsb48bc4e4.jpg]

From there i went upto Ramsey and the start of the mountain section, funny thing was though that the roadside was packed with race fans, all the way through Ramsey. Hell, i could have been a TT racer, it was surreal. Then i realised, it was time for the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Andrews_%28motorcycle_racer%29"]Simon Andrews[/URL] Memorial Ride. All these people were waiting to wave the riders through. I decided to take advantage of the quiet road and blasted across the mountain section, stopping at Hillberry so that could also wave the riders through. What i didnt realise was that would be 16 miles (!!!) worth of riders....

[Image: IMG_2866_zps6a68872f.jpg]
10-01-2015, 11:49 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this.... - by RichW - 10-01-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: 2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this.... - by Boltonswanderer - 19-01-2015, 11:39 PM