Fire proof pit overalls specification
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Fire proof pit overalls specification
(15-02-2015, 07:37 PM)full-chat Wrote: hi all,re these fire retardant overalls for pit crew ,i was the refueler at last years MGP and had to have the specified suit,but this year the powers that be once again have gone completely over the top on the spec for refuelers, this SFI3.2A/5  is virtualy F1 standard! and people like Demon tweeks dont seem to stock them, the one they do stock which is advised for refuelers is SFI3.2A/1 surely these would be adequate! and much less expensive.
Also as  the rider sits on the bike whilst refueling wearing only one piece leathers would they be also suitable for the refueler?to wear as the risk element seems the same?
also what about marshalls/and medics clothing as they are all potentially at risk if dealing with a crashed burning bike !perhaps they should also be given  SFI3.2A/5 overalls!!
Full-chat . Hi I agree with what you are saying the reaction to the fire in the pits is extreme to say the least . The level required for the fueler is top spec and because they have chosen to use a race spec suit it naturally adds to the price because of its original intended use. I think at last years Manx they made a special dispensation because of how late and close to the meeting they introduced the ruling about fire retardant clothing but this year everybody has to conform .
What gloves did you wear last year , the specs for this year are racing fireproof gloves and they are kin expensive as well . 
I think the whole lot for my pit crew is going to cost more than my race entry ? If my bike could do four laps on a tank I would not stop !!

IS THERE NO SUPPLY COMPANY OUT THERE THAT CAN SUPPLY WHAT WE ALL NEED AT A NICE CHEAP PRICE AND OUR PIT CREW CARRY ADVERTISING IN RETURN Icon_cool
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
16-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fire proof pit overalls specification - by Kursaal Flyer - 16-02-2015, 10:42 AM