TT spectator arrested after disturbance
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Monday 8th Race Schedule
(08-06-2015, 10:34 AM)AndyL Wrote: Serious RTA 10 minutes before roads-closed... expecting around a 2 hour delay Sad

I'm not going to attack the folks involved in this RTA, there are any number of explanations for it. 
BUT  this has given me food for thought  -  What is wrong with people today? 
 I heard Roy Moore  doing his self admitted Victor Meldrew, he  commented on the generally poor driving these days,  and The Clerk of the Course had to make yet another appeal for spectators to stay off the course when roads are closed.  It's not a new phenomenon, last year there was the spectacle of a mob of French visitors crossing the closed road, and ignoring Marshals;  in years before the one way system over the Mountain  had to be implemented there were cars and motorbikes involved in nasty crashes up there, all wanting to use both sides of the road, and then there was the occasion when some German rider went through a hedge or  wall in or around Onchan.
There seems to be no self discipline, no respect for the simplest of safety precautions, and certain people have gone through life never having been told "NO - you can't do that", if they have , they are quick to point out "it's a free country".   Well, it's a free country as long as you do no harm to your fellow citizens

Sometimes I feel that these most recent idiots could be what eventually finishes Mountain circuit racing, they provide more ammunition for the opposition among residents, and nobody who loves the TT and Manx as I do, would want that. Icon_frown
08-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monday 8th Race Schedule - by numptydad - 08-06-2015, 10:58 AM