RECORD TT COLLECTION ON STEAM PACKET COMPANY VESSELS FOR ROB VINE FUND
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
RE: RECORD TT COLLECTION ON STEAM PACKET COMPANY VESSELS FOR ROB VINE FUND
I've put money in the buckets and will continue to do so. In fact everyone appears to be giving generously to what is a good cause, and credit to the Steam Packet for collecting.

But...

The Manannan has a capacity of 850 passengers and crew and the Ben 666. Let's assume that's a capacity of 1,400 passengers and 2 sailings for each vessel per day over the fortnight. That's a maximum capacity over the TT fortnight of 39,200 individual journeys.

Let's now also assume for the first week return sailings are only at 20% capacity. So we have 19,600 outward passengers and 11,760 returns (the rest returning after TT fortnight when I don't know if collections are made). That's a total of 31,360 individual journeys so only around 50 pence donated per passenger per journey.

I accept that some are kids who probably won't contribute, and that if you only donate all your loose change it might not add up to very much on occasions, but I think we could do much better. Let's dig a little deeper next year and make sure it tops £20k.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 04:09 PM by HammerHead.)
09-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RECORD TT COLLECTION ON STEAM PACKET COMPANY VESSELS FOR ROB VINE FUND - by HammerHead - 09-07-2015, 04:09 PM